Monday, December 10, 2007

Whats holding You Back

Life Behind Invisible Bars

Life is filled with barriers that normally can stop most people in there tracks. I do a lot of consulting in my businesses. I operate a Mortgage Company, Tax and Accounting Practice and Small Home Improvement Company. So I get my fair share of people to see where most people have invisible bars installed in there minds. In my case my invisible bars were numerous and very real to me. Mine all came from self imposed limitations I put on myself, I was not tall enough, I did not have the best grammar, I was black, would anyone would take someone serious that wore hats all the time. Well I am living proof that most of your Invisible bars are just that invisible to you and the world. Take time after reading this to analyze what invisible bars you have imagined. The most frequently ones I hear are

· Man I could never run my own business, I could never do what you do

· I get nervous talking to a lot of people, I have stage fright

· I could never take a chance and do what you did

· The best one for last, but man you are different it comes easy for you

For all that may not know I have had all the same doubts, fears, and concerns, but I persevered through all of my fears. Why, you might ask, I was more of afraid of not doing anything. I know that I am not the only one that have worked in environments where you felt your superiors were not superior to you in any way, or that in blunt words were idiots. Well one too many inferior managers/ supervisors told me what to do and I finally had it. I made up in my mind that if they could do it I could do it 10 times better. This was the start of my insatiable appetite to be in change that I was, my gut told me that I could be the one in charge, could be the one making the decision, be the one to lead and not be left behind.

This is very important for all you that are afraid of taking unknown risk. Take the risk, but be prepared do your homework. Poor preparation leads to poor performance in most cases, be prepared for success. Success is a science, not something that happens to a select few by accident. Look for success and it can happen to you. This is for all those on the fence about change, it can happen to you in a matter of minutes, or over time, the key is to first believe and then change will happen.

In closing I would like to add that as I have stated earlier in my letter I have started a few businesses in my time and I know when I see a good one. I am not one to follow many, but the people and the clear vision YTB has in place is exciting. It is hard for me to keep my enthusiasm under raps in most cases. I know, not think, I know that with a couple years of hard work, I can have the freedom I have longed for, you can too, if you just open yourself to the opportunity that is in front of you.

Darrick H Scruggs

Author

Life Behind Invisible Bars

Lifebehindinvisiblebars.blogspot.com


No comments:

This is truly Amazing, the mind is the powerful tool on the universe